Monday, January 25, 2010

Crochet Ideas



Hello again,
I've been watching a show called Knit and Crochet Today and one technique I need to remember is that you can do blanket stitch around the edge of a fabric garment or scarf you play to add a crocheted edging to, and then you can use the thread in the blanket stitch to anchor your edging too, and work in that loop instead of punching holes in the fabric. The blanket stitch is done with an embroidery needle.

Another cool idea that I saw on that show is to do freeform motifs in crochet of circles, flowers and leaves and then attach those in an artful way around the collar of a t-shirt, so I'm going to do that as well. I bought 5 t-shirts yesterday to try out some ideas on.

The photo above is of a slouch hat I'm working on. I'm out of purple yarn, and was going to finish in black, so I found the black yarn, but got distracted and started knitting something with it instead. I need an assistant to keep me on track.

No comments: